What we do
- Conducts inspections of livestock transports, farms, livestock markets and slaughterhouses.
- Trails livestock trucks across Europe, from place of origin to place of destination and calls the police when violations are observed.
- Exposes via factual reports and visual imagery, cases of animal suffering to the authorities, law enforcers, industry itself and, if necessary, the media.
- Conducts training courses to highway police officers on the European legislative requirements concerning animal transport.
- Conducts welfare-workshops to livestock drivers to encourage them to carefully think about the well-being of animals.
- Lobbies politically for better legislation, effective enforcement and dissuasive sanctioning systems.
- Works together with other animal-welfare organizations and political parties.
- Has established a Taskforce of international experts and veterinarian inspectors to share and exchange experiences.
- Improves the industry from within via regular and constructive discussions with livestock drivers, farmers, and managers of livestock markets and slaughterhouses, that often act on our suggestions.