Eyes on Animals is a farm-animal, inspection-based, charitable organization working in Europe with its headquarters in the Netherlands. Eyes on Animals´ teams conduct both announced and unannounced visits to livestock markets and slaughterhouses and inspects and trails international livestock trucks to oversee that current animal protection legislation is respected and enforced. There is an urgent need for our work considering the extremely high number of animals that are bred, fattened, traded, transported and slaughtered. Government supervision is often understaffed and official inspectors have their hands tied when it comes to crossing borders. Clearly, Eyes on Animals plays an important role in reducing the suffering of farm animals throughout Europe. The work of the organization focuses on the following main aims:
- To witness if current European animal protection legislation for transport, sale, slaughter and at farms is being adhered to by the industry.
- To oversee that the animal protection legislation is being effectively enforced by the authorities.
- To judge if fines are effective in preventing industry from repeating a violation.
- To draw the attention of the authority to loopholes in the animal welfare legislation.
- To stimulate industry players in taking steps to improve animal welfare and applauding those that do.
Tel: +31 611 882 632 (strictly only press inquiries)
Eyes on Animals